Friday, June 26, 2009

Names

So last year before I had even started dating Stephen, I had made a list of names for all my children. I have checked my old blog and I can't find that posting anywhere. I don't know how I could have possibly deleted it. Anyways, I can only remember a few, so here they are:

  1. Atticus
  2. Akbar
  3. Wilberforce
  4. Anna
  5. Ella
  6. Owen
  7. Gwyn (this has been outlawed by STephen)
  8. David
  9. Andrea
  10. Andrew
  11. Grant
  12. Joseph
  13. Joel
  14. Lynn
  15. Lillian
  16. Edward (this has been outlawed due to Twilight)
  17. Edmund
  18. Rebekah
  19. Hannah
  20. Jay
  21. Gideon
  22. Gabriel (though Robin and Nathan have dibs on this one, even if I did write home saying if he got baptizied I'd name a child after him)
  23. Georg
  24. Thea
  25. Eliza (too bad Mary, you had your chance with both Abby and Maddy)

look how my memory is failing me! I had some awfully good ones, I'm so disapointed I can't find it anywhere in the archives.

Here are the latst editions that like the first list, do not necessarily have Stephen's approval

  1. Francis Webster
  2. Miriam
  3. Soren
  4. Mary Elizabeth
  5. Leslie
  6. Dean
  7. Diane
  8. Dianna
  9. Vroman
  10. Simeon
  11. Eleanor
  12. Jane
  13. Adena
  14. Sarah
  15. Chamberlain
  16. Marcus (doesn't Marcus Cranney sound nice)

I'm going to my 18th week checkup on Monday. I most likely won't find out the gender then, unless the doctor has mercy on my inablity to have patience to see if Kumkuat is growing at all and orders an ultrasound earlier. Anyway, go ahead and add your suggestions for names for both a boy and a girl otherwise a Wilberforce is what you get.

9 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry, dear. Twilight character's name is Edward, not Edmund. So scratch Edward. Edmund is in the Narnia series. Does that make Edmund no good too?

And these names are lovely. And you are lovely. I am in the grad lab now and I miss you.

Krista said...

Also, may I submit for your approval (I know Nathan would never, ever go for it):

Bronwyn

Perhaps Winnie for short? I think it's superb and classic.

The Rad Clarks said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy for a while! You have some very interesting, creative and classic names!

Rachel Leslie said...

thank you for the correction Krista. And no, Edmund is still quite wonderful a name as ever.

p.s. Francis has also been taken off the list as both Stephen and my mother think the boy would be teased endlessly. sigh.

Malena said...

A) YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!

B) You must be having A LOT of kids...

C) I'm partial to um...normal names :)

D) Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Vroman, huh? This reminds me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Good luck with all these kids...

Jasmine said...

I've always liked Lily (which I guess is short for Lillian). Kyra is another favorite. And Chloe. And Eliza. (My list of girl names was quite extensive, but I'll stop there.)

For boys, to be honest, the only name my hubby and I had discussed was Matthew Alan (his middle name and my dad's middle name)....sorry I'm not more help in that department.

Good luck at your appointment! (I wouldn't trust the gender determination until at least 19-20 weeks anyway....)

Sondra said...

I like the following names:
Girls:
Keely Shea
Kendra
McKenzie

Boys:
Junah Ean
Kendrick Tyler
ZeDerick Law

I haven't come up with middle names yet that I'm keen on for the two girls above. But my mom really wants my first son to be named ZeDerick Law. I really like it. My brother and his girlfriend, Chariti, had a baby boy in January. They named him Landon Lee.
My sister, Courtney, will have a baby in Nov. They think it's a girl but are not sure yet. She has a boy name and a girl name picked out. But I can only remember half of the boy name. Something with the middle name Wyatt. And the girl name is Payton Rose.
Good luck namin' your baby! It's so exciting!

Nicole said...

So I see Dean but not Dane, maybe that's what you meant:). As long as someday I can get a Niels I'd be happy:). What are stephen's names? Its intersting how the Donaldson siblings like similar names, Joseph wants a Mary Elizabeth (if we have 10 kids and the last one is a girl I said he could name her this:), we have an Elle (short for Eliza and Eleanor) and you like some very danish names (or English:) like Soren, Joseph won't go for those though...I do like Marcus Cranney actually! Well, you'll have to have a lot of kids (so will we:) so get all our names in!