Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Not to be gendered


(The alien blob thing that they say will turn into a baby is now the size of this medium shrimp.)

Yes I know, I had a pink background.  No, I'm not any more of a fan of pink then I was in elementary school when I decided I didn't like S.Packer. because she always wore pink.  I just thought I would get everyone in the pinkish mood.  I am now changing the blog background to a "boy" background acccording to cutestblogontheblock.com in order that none be to excited for a little girl. 

Anyway to answer questions.  I have been only slightly sick,  but have lost a couple pounds simply to being too lazy to cook something, occasionally not being able to keep anything down,  or more often not finding anything apetitzing.  My sisters Ruth and Sarah have lectured me throughly, and I am trying to amend my wrong doings and I now eat much better, kind of.   And yes Fran, I'm very excited to find out whether the baby is a girl, a boy, or a hermaphrodite.  
 
Oh I also forgot to mention that my doctor (Dr. Glenn) delievered me, and perhaps Stephen as well.   (We're not quite sure if he just delievered 3 of STephen's siblings, or Stephen as well).  

Okay, end of baby talk and back to my thesis. 

6 comments:

Beth said...

Rachel! Congratulations! That's so exciting. And to answer your question, I'm due December 15, and that means...we could come on the same day! Ahhhhh! Just like me and Lisa. I'm sad I missed the boat with Lisa's lastest baby, but this second one can still have a birthday pal. What do you think? Wanna take bets they come on the same day?

Beth said...

Wow, another Beth already commented! (I'm Robin's Sister-in-law, not that other Beth).

It was nice to see you again at Robin & Nate's barbecue. Congratulations on your little one!

I lost weight with morning sickness, too. Icky!

Ours weighs about 5 1/2 lbs now, and most likely looks like a human and not a shrimp. We still don't know what it is, though. We'll find out in two weeks when it comes out!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! When are you due? I think we have the same doctor. Dr. Joseph Glenn? He delivered my two younger brothers. He's actually not my doctor for the moment since I'm far away in Arkansas for a few months, but I'll be back before the baby's born. :)

Jasmine said...

Congratulations, Rachel! (AND I get to blog-stalk you now that I know you have one thanks to your facebook page.) :)

You can visit mine, too, if you want:

http://thejasminejournal.blogspot.com

I'm so excited for you!

Franziska Patterson said...

I know you want a hermaphrodite. Who doesn't want the best of both worlds...?

Astromom said...

This is cute. I'm looking forward to Tuesday, then the real prepping knowing about getting ready for the baby.