Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cranney Classic: Savitri and My Princess Treasury


I'm raising the boys to be romantics.  What can I say?  I want grandchildren.   Thus it's very convenient that the most requested book of both Christian and Simeon happens to be: 




I'm not sure what will happen when they go to school and realize that most boys wouldn't be caught dead reading a bright pink book about princesses, but thanks to their grappling skills from their dad, I don't think too many kids will dare tease too bad.  Honestly some of the stories are better than others and I worry about too many stories that focus simply on finding the right one and not being the right one, but it's nice to have a collection of so many fun tales. 

That said, if you're looking for a true romance, a classic that celebrates woman, man, family relationships and the blessing of children, Savitri retold by Aaron Shepard and illustrated by Vera Rosenberry is a must.  The boys were enraptured with this as was I.

Savitri


No comments: