Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the things they say and do

I know, I know, the "cute" things kids say doesn't really translate when put in blog language, but Christian and Simeon are really growing up and I would hate to not document it in one way or another. 

At church we often sit next to two girls, one of which is three turning four.  When we first started sitting with them, the three year old would just sit quietly, never making a noise.  Now that we've been sitting with them for a while, she's started laughing and joking, wanting to color etc.  Christian announced very loudly on the pew last week that she "wasn't being reverent"  hmm, I wonder where she learned that from?

Christian this morning:

"So what's the plan today?"

"So *smacking of the lips* we can go to the party in the kitchen (where he has taken out all the plastic bags and strewn them across the floor) or read books or go to the hallway.  This is made complete with hand motions. 

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Let's play tic-tac-toe"   (We've never played that with him)

"Cups have to be broke . . .  the government told me" (I have no idea where he got that from)
 
Simeon is attached to a bottle of mint oil.  He somehow managed to loose the lid yesterday and took a swig and all this morning has been chasing me around for me to open it again.

He's the strong silent type, but has a few words he'll use "uh oh" "dada/daddy" "ba" for bye, "ma" for more.  His piglet squeal, however, remains his most effective form of communication used whenever his older brother is being a bully, he's tired, he just wants to scare the living daylights out of me when I'm in the other room.

Both boys have turned into snuggle-bugs and they both sing.  Christian sings when he wakes up, and Simeon when he's falling asleep.  Both of them sleep talk/moan. 

No comments: