Monday, March 11, 2013

Cozy Bigots

So it's not quite Serbia, but Stephen and I are off to riot . . . okay, well not riot, simply demonstrate.  We just reserved our spots on a Catholic bus down to DC on the 26th to join a march for marriage while the Supreme Court reviews the Prop8 case.  Anyway, I'm trying to think of witty signs that will get us national coverage, so please feel free to put any ideas below-- I'm afraid only bigoted ones will do. 

On the topic of children's rights, zoning laws apparently don't prohibit a family of 5 in a one bedroom in our apartment complex, so we might just be able to pull off three kids in a (spacious) one bedroom after all, the remaining question is whether the road to insanity has stricter requirements, let's hope not.


4 comments:

Charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles said...

Cool. Are your kids going to march with you? This is a critical time. I think the tactic of the anti-prop 8 group all over the country is to bring this up ad nauseum until we throw up our hands and say, "whatever!" Once things go the other way, it seems nearly impossible to ever, ever get it back.

But I wonder if we are just delaying it. Seems like it is so. Nevertheless, let's fight a good fight!

hosander said...

I have my 3 kids in one large room, it's not always easy but we are getting used to it.

Mary said...

Good for you and good luck with the apartment/car decision. I will tell you that once to get used to a car and a bigger place it's really hard to go back.