Friday, April 15, 2011

all out

and have been since April 6th. It seems the New York Times has decided that they should be getting paid for what they do and not have leaches like me reading their on-line articles for free. They've come up with a 20 articles for free a month and after that you have to pay. Ugh. Don't they understand that they are my go-to website when no one has e-mailed me (which no one does), no one has updated their blogs, and I really don't want to clean my house or work on my thesis? I suppose I could pay the 99 cents a month and get unlimited access, but it's probably good for me to cut out one more website in between me and productivity. Perhaps that will be my gift to myself once I get that thesis defended (June). I've tried other websites, but they're layout is so ugly and non-user friendly. Foxnews is the worse looking like a magazine cover at a checkout stand with all their celebrity gossip. Will BBC remain the only other viable source of information? Well, until June when I defend my thesis, feel free to post interesting nytimes articles on your g-chat or blogs. . . I guess it's time to start that vacuum.

2 comments:

hosander said...

ditto. except the thesis. I tried replacing my bookmark for NYTimes with the lds.org site, but I have a hard time focusing enough to read scriptures. Just focusing enough to read the Modern Love essays

Bags said...

Rachey, just google the articles you want to read. You can read up to 5 a day through google for free. :) That's what I've been doing.