Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Life in the commune



We have finally moved into the commune or better said "rabbit hutches". Kumquat, like a regular plant, loves being outside which allows us to meet our fellow commune dwellers. We've put our table on our porch so that we don't have to deal with the heat and we can make our neighbors feel more apart of the commune, or just plain awkward when they pass us by and can hear our breakfast conversations. Anyway its kind of fun to have our own place and have people stopping by to say hello. Unfortunately everyone seems to believe in showering and no one joins in when I sing kumbaya. What kind of commune is this anyway?

We're looking forward for tomorrow night when Stephen's parents and siblings return from Russia. His sister wrote a post with more details and cute pictures. . Oh and here's a new post from Stephen's brother. p.s. We found our camera in the move so we might just upload some pictures of our Kumquat soon.

7 comments:

Lori said...

We're glad you've joined! We should hang out some more now that you're so close.

Ruth said...

I'm glad you guys can enjoy breakfast conversation with all the neighbors.

Mary said...

I know the real reason you put the table outside. Not to cool down, but to talk to people (kind of like old people who sit on their front porch--J/K). I think being the youngest of 6 kids makes it hard for you not to have people and noise around you all the time. I guess that makes the commune a good choice.

Lady Nigromante said...

When did you move? And I was just popping in to say 'Hello!'.

Not quite sure if you remember me. It's Elore from WoW if you don't. And if by some random chance this isn't a person I use to play with wel then... sorry for bother.

Rachel Leslie said...

No bother, though I don't think we're the people you're thinking of. Glad to se a hello.

Astromom said...

I think you belong in a commune, I don't get the whole showering thing. I agree with sister mary, love you lots, I think it is cute you sitting outside.

Nicole said...

Sounds like quite the BYU adventure, though we didn't have nearly as much fun at Wymont:). I liked Stephen's sister's family update, so much can happen in three years when you're on a mission! You'll have to teach me all the great things you can do to your blog sometime, I've been working on it but it always gets way too late and still way too many posts to catch up on! Good luck and can't wait to see you guys soon!