Saturday, April 17, 2010

Home Poem

This is a gmail chat conversation from this week during finals.

me: I'm back in the library


 


 

9 minutes


 

10:11 PM Rachel: home

poem

me: Let me finish this test

I will have a lot of closure if I can have this done by the time I get home

10:12 PM Rachel: how long will that take?

10:16 PM me: Maybe until midnight


 


 

12 minutes


 

10:29 PM Rachel: lvo

10:30 PM home poem

poem home

i need you

to no longer roam

me: lol

all right love, you need to get back to your papers

10:31 PM you're starting to lose it

but I think you're cute

Rachel: i think

I'm going to call a gnome

to get you back hom

under our dome

10:32 PM of our home

come now

holy cow

our baby is sad

because i won't nurse him back to sleep

and am just watching him

drif

t

its been a while since I've just watched him

his eyes

10:33 PM close

and then open

perhaps only one

should i nurse hime?

oh the answers

you could give if your

heart told you home

but instead tells you

10:34 PM to be a drone

in front of a computer

alone

me: Okay, I'm going to save this and put it on our blog

Rachel: oh how our child will bemoan

10:35 PM such a casual tone

when you should be home

4 comments:

Becca Bird said...

I love this chat. It is SO telling of you guys. I'm on Rachel's side though I think that you should have been home.

Ruth said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome...totally made my day.

Mary said...

I think our family is good with weird rhymes. Jared always laughs at mine. Abby has started doing silly rhymes, often with made up words, which can be bad since she was rhyming words with sit yesterday and swore without realizing it.