Tuesday, April 20, 2010

For the longest time, I've been wondering why everyone has been lying to me about their height, or have been simply measuring their height in their mother's high heels. Today a nurse measured me and I was not 6'1 as I had been told for the past 5 years of my life, but 6'3 (Granted she was much shorter than I was and asked me afterwards if that was correct, but hey who am I to question standard U.S. measurement system?)
I've thought since before I even started dating Stephen and he was simply "plaid shirt boy" that I was taller than him. It wasn't until we started dating that other people had us stand back to back and said we were the same that I started doubting my guessing-height instinct.

3 comments:

Sondra said...

I'm a shrimpy ol' 5'8"...don't know how it happened. My Mom is 5'9" and my biological father is 6'3"...I just came out short. :'(

emily michelle said...

Wait, you're 6'3" all of the sudden? It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Mary said...

You were probably just standing up straight for the first time, or maybe you stretched your back another two inches when you hurt it last week.