Tuesday, April 20, 2010

dream come true

Ooops! I accidentally published my last post too soon and didn't realize it. Here is the 2nd part to that post:
Anyway, I might as well make it known that since I was a child, I've loved seeing couples where the woman was taller than the man. It seems a telling sign of a man (and woman) who refused to accept the ridiculous gender norms of our society. I am pleased that Stephen and I now qualify to be such a couple.
Guess who else is growing in their old age?
Yup, Kumquat. He's just a little string bean that fellow. When our doctor said we could give him solids, I got pretty excited thinking of all the fat rolls that would be the result of the avocado I would mash up, but it turns out he can't even get good tasting fruit and peaches to the back of his mouth. I guess we'll have to put those fat rolls on hold.

Update on us:
I'm done grading papers and Stephen is done with finals!
Our landlord won the biggest loser contest. He may or may not have taken something that would make him a frequent visitor of the restroom. (He would have won anyway.)
Chistian got his immunizations today (a month late) and has had a bad day since.
I'm wiriting this post without contacts, so forgive me if it has errors.
I hurt my back a week ago and have been standing up much straighter since.
Here's one of my favorites of our getting fatter and fatter Kumquat:

Did I ever mention that mother instincts totally skipped me?

A more recent picture of our little fellow:

2 comments:

Ruth said...

He is beautiful. So are you.

Elizabeth said...

Rachel, Connor is getting immunized tomorrow-a month late. Glad I'm not the only one who puts off Dr. apts. Your family is so cute!!!