Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ultrasound of Ultrasounds . . . .

It's true. Stephen was able to re-schedule our ultrasound to be earlier (though it's still a two weeks late) and thus we went into the much anticipated ultrasound appointment to find out that the lucky duck of a baby inside me is actually not a duck at all, or an alien as might be supposed by past developmental stages, but is actually a boy. He's healthy which makes me as the absent minded mother who sometimes before I knew I was pregnant and forgot to take my multivitamins, quite happy. Stephen's also happy that he stopped me before I bought all those cute baby dresses at Costco 2 months ago. Yay! We're excited as can be. Perhaps most of all, because it seems like everyone else is having girls so I'll have a multitude of possible matches to make in the years to come. hehe.

12 comments:

Jasmine said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! And even if you HAD purchased those dresses, I'm sure you'd have had use for them at some point--even if it was dressing the little guy up to bug Stephen. hehehe ;)

Have fun getting ready for the l'il guy!

Kim said...

Yay! Glad you found out finally! And it's true, everyone I seem to know who has recently had a baby or is pregnant has had girls. Think of all the dates you can start prearranging, ha! Congrats again!

Mary said...

Thanks for the phone call--not. Anyways I'm very happy for you. I'm glad he is healthy and all your fears are unfounded. It will be nice for Nathan to have a boy cousin so close in age. I still think you should name him Emerson. Congratulations!

Kjell Crowe said...

Congratulations!

Ruth said...

C.S. Cranney?

Rebekah P. said...

HOORAY!

Lori said...

so exciting!

Jenny said...

A little healthy boy! Yea! How fun. You know, if he's born on Julia's birthday, that's got to be a sign of future matchmaking, don't you think? :)

Nicole said...

We're all so excited! More boys, yeah! Here's a fun site I just ran across if you're still up in the air:). Wish we were there!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_popular-baby-names-from-around-the-world_1429034.bc?scid=momstodd_20090804:6&pe=fgHNZV

Nicole said...

Here's one with the 100 most popular names of each decade from 1880!

http://www.babycenter.com/popular-baby-names

Anonymous said...

i was wondering if while i was away you had found out this bit of info! congratulations!

i always think boys are more rambunctious/physically taxing but less complex/emotionally taxing. i just can't for the life of me decide which is better :)

Nicole said...

I agree fully with the above, Elle and Hyrum are living proof and its hard to decide which is easier:).