Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One upon a time


Alright all, I've refrained from too many book suggestions just so that you might take me seriously when I do recommend a book. Might I now take the opportunity introduce Cinderella Dreams: The Allure of the Lavish Wedding.
Married or not married, this is so fascinating a book on how lavish weddings came into be and why.
It is so good that I was almost tempted to drop my current idea for my thesis and adopt this. However it was so good, I decided I couldn't add much and so didn't.

For those of you with access to the byu library, you can read it all on-line.

If you prefer goole books:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_GbTEDRyXQ4C&dq=cinderella+dreams+the+allure+of+the+lavish+wedding&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=V0kLStWCAo7ysQP42oHsDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8#PPA21,M1

2 comments:

Ruth said...

it will be on my library list.

Mary said...

Mormon weddings aren't too bad, but the weddings out East are outrageous--flying people out, fancy hall rentals,etc. People save money for years before they feel they have enough to get married.