Wednesday, May 13, 2009

that there cold

I was looking forward to summer so that I would no longer be freezing cold all the time. I forgot that summer's actually colder with the air conditioning going full blast in every building on BYU. Here is my question for the day . . . why do we like our water so dang cold? Why do we put ice in our water? Whose idea was this anyways? The Germans, the Brazilian, and all the level-headed normal people of the earth I know like their water room temperature. Why do we Americans have to be so different? When will we stop the embarrassing ritual of drinking from a glass that contains ice and getting the red juice all over us or slurping? When?

yes grumble grumble gripe gripe

the end

3 comments:

hosander said...

I agree, also when you go through a drive-thru and get a drink, they fill the cup up with ice and the smallest possible amount of soda fits in around it. RIDICULOUS! I say, no ice!

Mary said...

So funny. I remember that the air conditioning at BYU was always up way too high for my comfort zone. It almost made me want to start
wearing socks with my sandals like a true zoobie.

Nicole said...

A friend just mentioned that in reference to the kids needing warmer PJs in the summer with the air going:). Joseph hates "hot" drinks and often quotes scripture in support. He and my mom prefer ice, ice cold, though at a fast food place he always asks for no ice, an old trick your grandpa taught him:). I don't mind lukewarm anything but when its hot (and Joseph is always hot) it is nice to have something cold and refreshing:).