Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two in one day, you lucky duck

Yes, here I am blogging again. I'm stuck at my dad's office and have already played with all the neat toys he has on his desk.

So my Brazillian friend from my mission went home today and though Stephen and I are back the the grinding wheel we feel so releaved that we no longer have to pretend to be interesting. sigh.

It was strange as we took him around. Both me and Mr. Brazillian friend when trying to think of things to do, naturally thought of places that would be good pictures.

Since when have vacations been about pictures? I'd like to think it was since facebook, but somehow I think it was earlier than that. Now, don't let this have you think I'm opposed to pictures, no, I wish there were more and personally think blog posts without pictures seem quite lonely, I just think it's funny that we spend thousands of dollars to go somewhere else to take pictures when people are spending thousands of dollars to get where we are to take pictures. For who? For memories? If memories, then false memories. We don't expereince life like a camera shot, thank goodness.

1 comment:

Krista said...

You are definitely one of my very favorite people. I found a good book for you. It's on my desk actually - go ahead and grab it. It's about the American Wedding (consumption, young adulthood "entitlement," wedding photography, etc.). I think I grabbed 2 books on the same topic so we could each read one of them.

And then have our own version of Relief Society bookclub... minus the obligatory reading of Twilight...

Take care, dear dear friend. :)