Thursday, March 26, 2009

kiddos


So the first time Stephen and I talked about kids when we were dating, I simply said I wanted a big family. I was thinking at most around 8. I've heard that once you have kids you usually want half as much. So I thought, hey, who knows if I'll even want one by the time we're done. When I asked Stephen how many he was thinking it was a modest18. I guess this picture of the dugger family must have been in his mind:http://www.duggarfamily.com/
I responded by asking him how many wives he was planning on having.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I've heard a little about them. I honestly don't know how they do it, but I'd much rather grow up in their family than in in the homes many children grow up in.

Heidi said...

I can't believe there's a family with 18 kids! I watch that show sometimes. Crazy!

Charles said...

When Stephen was growing up, there were two families in our ward who had 17 children. When we had our third child, the mother of one of those families could see we were struggling. She said, "The first seven are the hardest."