Monday, February 10, 2014

"Be Mine"

Back in college I was in a book club on campus.  I still remember packing up at the end of a meeting and everyone talking about their Valentine's Day plans.  One of the new guys spoke up about attending his brother's Anti-Valentine's Day Horror Film Party.  Honestly my first thought was: "Sheesh, he must come from a weird family."  

Six years later:

I've married into that family. I'm cutting out hearts with Christian to put up in our window (this is my annual attempt at crafts).  Christian wanted to help and soon we were both cutting away.  When Christian finished his first heart he thought it looked more like a helmet.  Soon he was asking me for swords, spears, and axes.   Now we have a window of hearts . . . and weapons.  




9 comments:

Ruth said...

Too cute! Loves worth fighting for. From the "mouth" of babes.

Ruth said...

Too cute! Loves worth fighting for. From the "mouth" of babes.

Becca Bird said...

Awesome!

Astromom said...

I wish I was there, Jacob is going through a violent streak like most boys, trying to get his art work less gruesome, I guess it is just normal, but my feminine spirit just doesn't know what to do with these fighting gruesome loving guys.

Astromom said...

I wish I was there, Jacob is going through a violent streak like most boys, trying to get his art work less gruesome, I guess it is just normal, but my feminine spirit just doesn't know what to do with these fighting gruesome loving guys.

Astromom said...

I wish I was there, Jacob is going through a violent streak like most boys, trying to get his art work less gruesome, I guess it is just normal, but my feminine spirit just doesn't know what to do with these fighting gruesome loving guys.

Kim said...

Rachel, I'm so behind on your blog! But, I have to say it must be a boy thing....Scotty was just signing his name on Valentine's for his preschool friends and was choosing which kids should get the bad robot guys who are not nice. He wants nothing to do with hearts and love either! Weapons and bad guys are WAY cooler.

CJC said...

Anti-Valentine's Day Horror Movie Nights are awesome!

hosander said...

Can I submit a question here? Why is the church paying for a big apartment building in Philadelphia?
Also, how is the temple coming?