Sunday, December 1, 2013

The wrong kind of Indian

We didn't mean to make it a tradition, but laziness has an addictive element to it.  Yup, we hit up another Indian Restaurant for our Thanksgiving with our friends from upstairs.  I know, I know, but minus the green beans, I've never been much for traditional Thanksgiving, much less when I'm trying to tame my unpredictable cooking skills into something edible for guests.  If I have it my way, I think we'll do the wrong kind of Indian Thanksgiving every year, unless the Donaldsons/Vromans decide to tempt us back home by throwing another seafood Thanksgiving--or well any Thanksgiving at home with family.



Also this week I turned 29. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to feel old, but I have the feeling that as the youngest--as long as my siblings are living-- I will always feel young since they'll always be older than me.  That said, I am old---so old Christian asked me if I needed a wheelchair.  (oh it is so fun to have your child repeat your jokes back to you).  I might also feel young due to the fact that the average age of association during the day is 2.3 years old. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. If I ever end up hosting it (which may be unlikely since my family knows my plans), I am having "Pad Thai Thanksgiving" for sure!

Andria said...

I think an Indian Restaurant at Thanksgiving is a great tradition--as long as you're not in Utah and around other family dinners :-)

I wish I could have heard Christian offer you a wheelchair. Such a funny kid!