Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Joshua Levinas





Born July 25th, 2013 at 5:49 a.m. 7 lbs 7 oz. 19 3/4th in

You may notice this post is a little tardy, while not having a computer cord may be one reason, the other is simply that it's hard for me to do justice to such an announcement.  It's hard to know what to say on a blog post that doesn't inflate to the point of dismissal or disregard to the point of insignificance something as earthy yet holy as a birth of a child.  As I was giving birth to Joshua (and my others), this painting returned to my mind over and over again. 

In trying to find it to post, I discovered this beautiful painting and this also by Brian Kersisnik that though undiscovered by me at the time of his birth, may come to mind as vividly as the contractions or Stephen's sense of humor when I remember it (I know, I know I'm totally interpreting these paintings for my own purposes, but that's the way it is with me).

And then there was the thought that two cousins---one having shortly left this mortal world, and one shortly to enter-- were saying their final goodbyes.  

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh my, what a beautiful baby boy. Can I just snuggle him for a while?

Stephanie said...

Congrats congrats!!! But you are so busted for not giving info I had no idea you were already due! This is the only way I keep up with you so keep it up missy!!! Lol

Sheri Money said...

Congratulations!!! I wasn't sure when you were due, but that is so exciting! I have also always loved that first painting, but had never seen the other two. Perhaps I'll be picturing them during my labor now.

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Rachel and feel blessed having you in our lives. I do love Brian Kershesnik's paintings. Some of them were used to illustrate an article I wrote may years ago (entitled "To Life!")

http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&a=153

Mary said...

What a precious little boy. We are so happy for you.

Nicole said...

So glad for more details, I was just wondering about how you all are doing! He was a bigger baby hopefully that will make nursing easier and sleeping through the night sooner:). Hope you are getting rest and can't wait to meet this little guy!

Tonya said...

I'm so happy for you!