Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"The New KKK"

So pictures are on our phone which we believe is currently on a chartered bus somewhere out of batteries, but . . . DC today was awesome!

In lieu of pictures, we made headlines . . . kind of . . . or at least our friendly Catholic co-protesters who we hitched a ride on their bus did.  Yes, that bus is the bus we hopped on.

We also got stopped and asked if Stephen or I would be interviewed by PBS news.  I was tempted, but let's face it, Stephen can out debate anyone I know on this topic, so I thought he would be the better choice.  He was great, but unfortunately left out any hate threats and failed to invoke any divine wrath, so I don't think he'll be on the news tonight.

One of the Catholics said a prayer as we left on the bus which included a blessing on those protesting against us, so I decided not to laugh in the face when one of the Pro-Gay Marriage protestors told me that we're the new KKK.  Too bad I forgot my hood and burning torch in the bus.

Still begging for pictures?

Here's some from the NOM blog.

Unfortunately our bus was a little late, so we weren't part of the huge group marching, but it was still significant when we got there.

The event was topped off meeting  Carl and Susan for  lunch at Union  Station. They're always so much fun to meet up with and the kids loved having their aunt and uncle appear out of the blue and warmed right up to them.



4 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so proud of you guys! It takes a lot of courage to be pregnant and take two little boys on a bus to D.C. I hope PBS shows Stephen. I'm confident he did a great job of representing the side that gets so little of the media's attention. You guys are awesome!

Beth said...

Ya, way to go!! That is so very cool.

Beth said...

And your blog posts are always hilarious, by the way.

Mary said...

Good for you.