Wednesday, April 20, 2011

what I didn't know before marriage

Yesterday when Stephen was taking Christian to the duck pond, library, and letting him play with the water from a fire hydrant so that I could work on my thesis I started thinking about the article below and Stephen and my courtship (June-October).

You see, I thought Stephen and I were pretty good at getting to know each other before we got married, but it hasn't been until the last few weeks of my 2nd pregnancy that I've truly doubted that emotional intimacy.

When I'm tired, Stephen refuses to brush my teeth, take out my contacts, or say my prayers and repent for me. He even refuses to get me a bed pan so I don't have to take three whole steps to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

It makes me think I should have waited until we were in our 90's to see if he would have done these things for me, alas too late.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

obviously you were really focusing on that thesis.

Rachel Leslie said...

It's easy to get distracted when you're reading about Axial Coding.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I never trusted that Stephen Cranney!

P.S. Axial coding is my favorite kind of coding -- it sounds so cool, right?!

Nicole said...

I know, I guess we can't have everything:) but just wait until three kids and Christian is pushing 5 then you really start wondering:)! Hope the thesis is almost done! Joseph watched the kids so I could do our taxes and mow the lawn, isn't he sweet?!