Friday, January 7, 2011

Life without play



This article brings up some interesting points. I suppose because as a kid much of my time was spent playing in the undeveloped land next to us aka "the end of the land" and at home with older brothers as alligators and sisters as storytellers, that the idea of children without plenty of recess and playtime seems to rank high on indicators that I should relocate to the desert and live off locust for a while. (well, I'm already in the desert, all I need now are some chirpy friends). Anyway, here's to play and childhood.






2 comments:

Ruth said...

Kids that have friends they play nicely with are quite easy to care for as well. ;)

emily michelle said...

Aw, I remember playing in the end of the land. I agree, the move towards children playing less is tragic.