Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The waiting game

Patience has never been one of my virtues, except perhaps in getting to my thesis. Stephen, however, is the exact opposite. We already have stacks of books on our coffee table for papers that aren't due until the end of April. However, neither Stephen nor I are showing much patience when it comes to waiting to hear back from his graduate schools. Between the two of us, we must check thegradcafe.com (where people post whether they've been accepted or rejected by schools) at least a dozen times a day. sigh. This isn't the kind of suspense that is good for a girl who reads the end of the book first so she can enjoy reading the rest of it.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry to inform you of this, but lack of patience is a family failing. I think the Lord has been trying to teach me patience for a while, which I think is why why I had to marry Jared = ).

Robin Cranney said...

I'm sorry for your suffering! May all grad schools (and medical schools) be PROMPT!

Lori said...

Grad applications are definitely a patience-trying ordeal. Hang in there, and I hope that Stephen gets in somewhere amazing!

Ruth said...

Everything will work out.

Sondra said...

Rachel,
Hahaha! That's so funny. I read the end of the book first also. That's awesome that we have that in common. Most people hate that about me. But I can't contain myself. I HAVE to know! :D

Jenny said...

You read the end first? Naughty! :) I can't relate to that, but waiting to hear back from grad schools, totally know what that feels like. It sapped my patience supply pretty quickly. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear where you end up...and see many more pictures of bright eyes!!